- Do you want your children to learn English in an easier way than you did?
- Do you want to develop their true potential in early formative years?
- Do your children love to watch English learning videos but cannot use the familiar phrases in a different context?
- Would you like to find helpful tips for fun activities in English with children?
- Would you like to refresh and improve your English too?
Teaching Children English as a Second Language the Montessori Way
Welcome, it is great to have you here! Have a look around:
- New online course with over 90 minutes of video guides and handy printouts ready to be used in classes or when introducing English to your child at home.
- Free downloadable materials for teaching English.
- Video gallery with over 200 English songs, stories, rhymes and games for quality time with the media on tablets or PCs
- Blog with stories about my journey of introducing English (ESL) as a second language at home to my children.
- Tips on raising bilingual children
- Teaching ideas for nurseries, preschools, playgroups and ESL/EFL courses
I want to feel comfortable, be more of a guide than a teacher. We follow what children love esp. songs, playing games together, videos – so they mention English almost every day by themselves.
No textbook can be as interesting for a little child as lift-the-flap books or books with beautiful pictures of animals or other babies. The frequency of listening to the new language is what matters the most.
I agree with M. Montessori that little children have an amazing ability for figuring out new languages when having “the prepared environment”.
For small children the language is not the priority, it is the tool to be used when learning about the world and having fun. I am sharing inspiration and tips for games, discoveries and creative activities.
English with kids can be much more than just learning a language. In the picture we have prepared the rainbow in the glass - learned the colors, numbers and names of the things we have used (sugar, water, glass, teaspoon etc.)